Reference:
Levine, B. (2010, March 22). New sensor could upgrade cameras in mobile phones. Retrieved March 28, 2010, from http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Sensor-May-Upgrade-Camera-Phones/story.xhtml?story_id=11200BH6VYGW
Levine, B. (2010, March 22). New sensor could upgrade cameras in mobile phones. Retrieved March 28, 2010, from http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Sensor-May-Upgrade-Camera-Phones/story.xhtml?story_id=11200BH6VYGW
Summary:
A new piece in technology in making sensors will make the old one descend. A company in the state of California found out that the “Quantum Dots” will be more useful than the old one in big range of quality. Mobiles phone cameras will be made by dots of Quantum instead of using the old technique. As the author mentions this technology was improved by Professor Sargent. Without using crystals on the mobile’s sensor, and useing these dots, it will make the camera absorb more illumination; as a result, it will make the photos that have been captured from it as high quality as the professional cameras make. This technology took several years from the manufacturers, and how they will make these dots as small as they could took them the most! The company certifies that the prices of the cell phones won’t be high because of these new sensors; actually it will be at the same average price. Also, the producers state that these dots can work almost 100% better than the crystal ones. In addition to the time that the company took for inventing these dots, the company spent a lot of money on it also. They will develop not only the cell phones, they will develop all other devices (which includes any type of cameras) as well. We could see these new sensors used in reality by the first half of 2011. All technology devices will totally be changed by what this new technique will do to them. Some of the researchers said that “In this way, all the cell phones will be used by press reporters to take photos on their phone instead of using a professional camera to cover events.’’
Reaction:
It’s good to make the technology improved, but I don’t agree with this idea! I think when people want to take high quality photos, they should use the professional camera. That’s why they sell DSLR cameras. Professional cameras are made to take this kind of pictures, not people’s cell phones! With cell phones you can capture a photo when you do not have the camera with you; in this way it is useful I think. But the idea that the “cell phone camera will be as high quality as the DSLR camera, “ is one I disagree with, because people will not take care about these things; maybe some will, when they want to buy a cell phone or a mobile phone. The vital thing in the cell phones is to make calls and have some additional applications, not to make the camera sensor take the full concern and attention, and lose the major thing that the cell phones are made to do. They must develop the telephone’s lines, the services that it contains or the shape of the phones, instead of developing the thing that most people will not think about. I have a DSLR camera; I use it for taking pictures whether it’s professional or nonprofessional kind of pictures; that’s why I have a camera not a cell phone! So I asked myself a question: If they made the cell phone the same as the professional cameras in everything, and it will be cheaper than the DSLR cameras, why will people buy expensive cameras if the cell phones are the same with low prices? Maybe others will agree with this invention and its idea, so I hope it will not make the cell phone prices higher than they are, as the article said, and I doubt about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment